Flushing of inappropriate items is a widespread problem in all facilities, resulting in clogs, burst pipes, flooding, and a drain on resources and revenue. Wipes, napkins, rags, paper towels, diapers, and more have been flushed down toilets. Just because it leaves the toilet bowl, doesn’t mean it’s flushable. These products don’t disperse in water like toilet paper does. Instead, they accumulate over time in pipes and sewers causing catastrophic problems in the plumbing system or further down the waste stream in municipal water treatment facilities.
Stop Wipes and Non-Flushables from Clogging Pipes
The Traptex® Plumbing Protection System helps prevent non-flushable items from entering the pipes. This results in fewer maintenance calls for clogs, equipment failures, and plumbing disasters.
Traptex®Toilet and Hopper Guards: Each stainless steel Traptex® Guard is designed to fit and features small, laser-cut hooks to catch cloths and wipes before they enter the pipes while allowing toilet paper and solid waste to pass through. By keeping cloths and wipes from entering the drain, Traptex® Guards help change bad flushing behavior.
Traptex® Wipe Retriever: If cloths or wipes are trapped, they can be safely removed with our Wipe Retriever for proper disposal. This enables staff and housekeeping to address captured cloths without a costly plumbing or maintenance call. The Wipe Retriever provides the opportunity to remove cloths and wipes and correct the problem to reinforce a change in flushing behavior. This is sold separately. Click here to view and purchase.
Traptex® helps prevent non-flushables from entering pipes, helping your business avoid disaster!
You can now install yourself!
- When you order the product, we will ship you a specially made caliper to measure the size of the toilet hole. Click here to view the sizing instructions
- We provide detailed instructions and a chart to identify what model Traptex® you need (don't worry, its not that hard!)
- After measuring and using the provided sizing chart, simply let us know what model(s) Traptex® you need.
- Please allow 10 business days for the manufacturing of your Traptex® Guard.
- We provide easy-to-follow installation instructions when we ship you the Traptex® Guard.
- If you do not want to measure and install, we can arrange for a professional to provide on-site sizing and installation.
- Please note, our installation service is not included in price.
- Please call 908-236-0277 or contact us for installation quote from our network of installers.
2-year device warranty
Traptex® is a registered trademark of Sage Products LLC. Drain-Net Technologies is a licensed distributor of Traptex®.